Thursday, April 24, 2008

Although I ve got so much to mark and grade, I have decided to put aside a little time everyday to blog about you kids so that you know that you did make an impact in whatever you do.

Just finished lessons, extra lessons in fact, with 3 classes. It was very heartening when you guys kept so quiet and copied down whatever I was writing on the board or on the ppt, this was a silent acknowledgement of my efforts.

However something quite embarassing happened today, I asked 2 Joy about who had higher mt to see if I really needed to have my test at a later timing, and Gan Qi raised up his hand. Because when he did that, he was laughing and joking with Cheng How, I thought they were just lying to make up the numbers! Little did I know that he really did take higher mt, and he was so offended (think he even told Cheng How, oh she's such a b*tch)! Felt a little embarassed but I had to maintain my composure to ensure my lesson runs smoothly after that. Haha. But yeah you know I was mistaken and you guys know I didn't mean it yes?

Then after that 2 Faith was so eager to come for remedial, when I told them my rules for remedial, they were super quiet for once. For once my lessons could continue with me knowing that everyone was absorbing. (Because in a 40ppl class setting I know that there would always be at least 1 or 2 people that I have lost along the way) It really felt good when I know what I was doing would be seeds sown in them.

I really hope I havent allowed anyone to be left behind when everyone is progressing forward in my lessons, I know this because it is very easy to see who is not paying attention and who isn't. It is only whether I want to stop the lesson for the irritants. My big worry now is Rashvin, I hope he listened to what I ve told him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heh! it's okay la! can check with his classmates also :P! hahax glad you saw your reward thru silence!! you deserved it! LOL